Sunday, May 17, 2009

'Agent Shop' from Musetracks

I wanted to pass along this great opportunity! :) I’ll be working on my pitches for the next few weeks, trying to get them in under the 200 word limit. This has always been a really big struggle for me. I have no idea why. I know the book inside and out. I’ve read the thing a million times. Added and cut scenes. Changed chapters around several times. It should be a piece of cake! LOL

Anyone else have this problem with pitches? Is there a secret I should know about?

http://musetracks.wordpress.com/agent-shop/

~~~~~Permission To Forward Granted~~~~~

Hello fellow romance writers.Musetrackers would like to invite you all to participate in our newest venture. 'Agent Shop'What's 'Agent Shop'?Well, how many of us wish we could pitch to an agent? That is, without the frills? No parties, no travel, no conference costs, no hectic schedules? Don't get me wrong, the conferences, promos, signings and parties have their place and time, but what about in between?

Here's what we're going to do.This isn't a contest... there aren't any winners... just a chance to put your pitch in front of agents who are interested in shopping a bit. They'll read them and request more - IF - your pitch grabs their attention. What they request is up to them. We'll host 3 or more agents for each session and a few agents who couldn't commit mentioned stopping by from time to time.If you're interested in pitching, visit the link below to read the rules.

First date to submit is May 30th, and only the first thirty e-mails get in!Thanks for visiting us at Musetracks.

Pass the word, and good luck.
Candi

Now get to work on those pitches! :)