Friday, January 11, 2013

"Chance for Freedom" by Tess St. John


Here's one for all you Historical fans! Tess St. John will capture your heart and have you wanting more. This is the second book in the Chances Are series. I loved "Second Chances" and can't wait to read this one!
 
Tess was one of the first people I met when I attended my first RWA chapter meeting way back in January, 2007. I will never forget how welcome she made me feel. Taking that big step in my career and joining other writers was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Well, that and actually letting someone else read my work. LOL Tess has also been a great critique partner over the years and I must say, her insight, comments and suggestions have always been spot on, making my stories so much better in the long run.
 
Wishing you tons of sales, Tess!
 
 
BLURB:
 
Haunted from his years of service to The West Africa Squadron, where he endeavored to stop the trafficking of slaves, Captain Malcolm Westbourne is assigned to the disappearances of orphans in England.

Miss Katherine Ashby is thrilled when Malcolm arrives to protect her orphans, but her happiness is short-lived when he insists on an explanation of why she rejected his courtship a year ago. Katherine is falling in love with Malcolm, but must confront what happened to her as a child if she desires a future with him.

Malcolm had never experienced the instant attraction he felt when first being introduced to Katherine, but he also sees the fear in her eyes. He pursues her with kindness, humor, and patience in an attempt to gain her trust.

When Malcolm’s investigation turns deadly, he, too, must face the demons of his past. Will Katherine and he break free from the shackles binding them and learn to trust each other, or will they be held prisoner to the past forever?
Links to buy: