Saturday, November 21, 2015

Alone Time is Magical

Such a peaceful weekend.

Girls didn't come home from college this weekend since they will be home for Thanksgiving. (Miss them terribly!) And hubby and son took off on a hunting trip for the weekend. So that means I got some much needed and treasured "me" time. Magical Me Time!

Unlike most of my family, extroverts on steroids, I enjoy my alone time. Don't get me wrong. I love my family with all my heart and all the chaos we have created together. But for this introvert there is nothing like these rare moments when I have no one to answer to but myself. Well, there is still the dog and cat. But that's a different story. Another blog post maybe. LOL

During this time, I've finished reading several books I had started over the summer, revamped my newsletter, found a cool Progress Counter called NaNoWriMo Word Meter and added it to my blog, and got the Christmas tree all ready to put up after Thanksgiving. Even managed to get a few words down for NaNo. Whew...

Now I'm sitting back under a warm blanket with the puppy and enjoying the Hallmark channel and all those wonderful sappy Christmas stories I never get to watch when hubby or kids are home. I can sniffle and laugh and go awe... and no one will make fun of me. Priceless!


Gosh, I love this time of year. :) Cooler weather, spending time with family & friends, making new memories, eating good food and sharing lots of love and laughter. So much to be thankful for.

Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving filled with many wonderful blessings! May you Enjoy and Cherish every single moment!