Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My New Year Revolution

Happy New Year!!


Don't know about you, but all I want is for time to slow down a bit. You know, so when I lay my head down on the pillow at night I can remember what I did that day. I hear people say how time seems to speed up as they get older, but I had no idea this is what they meant.


The sad part is, I don’t feel like I’m really all that busy. I listen to what others have on their plate and I am amazed at how much they get done.  And here I have laundry spilling over on a daily basis, housework that never seems to get done and groceries to buy.  LOL  I mean, I have three kids who take up a lot of my time, but I love that. I just didn’t realize exactly how many different projects and activities I’d participated in until I sat down and looked back over the past year.



This is why I’ve decided not to write New Year’s resolutions for 2014. Instead I’m planning a New Year’s Revolution.  That’s right.

A revolution (from the Latin revolutio, “a turn around”) is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time.


A change in power. (the power I give others. Just say no.) A change in organizational structure. (the chaos. I will find order.) In a short period of time. (hmmm…I wonder if a month is a reasonable goal?)

Yep, that’s exactly what I need! I’m not getting any younger, so I better get on the ball and make it happen. LOL


In case you’re curious.  Here’s my game plan in 10 easy steps:

  1. Love more.
  2. Laugh more.
  3. Stay calm no matter what – it’s usually never as bad as I make it out to be anyway.
  4. Enjoy every moment – even the tough ones.
  5. Make more great memories with my kids, family and friends.
  6. Embrace nature and all its wonder.
  7. Write every day – even if it’s only a few paragraphs because it’s fun not because I have to.
  8. Stop trying to please everyone – it will never happen.
  9. Be myself and not who others think I should be.
  10. Stop trying to control everything!
The last one is a doozie. You have no idea how hard it was for me to even write it down. LOL  To be completely honest, this is the source of most of my frustration. Time to face the music. The kids are pretty self-sufficient now so I should start relaxing a bit more.  Surely I can do that. It can’t be that hard, right?  :)