Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Love Conquers All



As I sit and write this difficult post, I'm still trying to make sense out of the tragedy in Connecticut at the Sandy Hook Elementary school. There are no words to express the sadness, the pain in my heart and soul, or the anger I feel over the loss of all those innocent beautiful lives.

Evil is very real in this world. That is the one truth in all of this. Take away every single weapon known to man, and evil will still find a way to corrupt the weak and hurt the innocent. Hope for a better world resides within us all. Love each other, help each other in times of crisis, and continue to fight for what is right, remembering those who suffer losses like this.

A truth I will forever hold onto:

Evil will not win.
Not today.
Not tomorrow.
Not ever.

I dedicate this post to these brave souls, young and old, who died on Friday, December 14.

Dawn Hochsprung - Principal
Victoria Soto - Teacher
Mary Sherlach - School Psychologist
Noah Pozner 6
Emilie Alice Parker 6
Grace McDonnell 7
Olivia Engel 6
Charlotte Bacon 6
Daniel Barden 7
Josephine Gay 7
Ana Grace Marquez-Greene 6
Dylan Hockley 6
Madeline Hsu 6
Catherine Hubbard 6
Chase Kowalski 7
Jesse Lewis 6
James Mattioli 6
Jack Pinto 6
Caroline Previdi 6
Jessica Rekos 6
Avielle Richman 6
Benjamin Wheeler 6
Allison Wyatt 6
Rachel Davino - Teacher
Anne Marie Murphy - Teacher
Lauren Rousseau - Teacher
Nancy Lanza - Mother

Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Isaiah 41:10 - 
'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

Revelation 21:4 -
and He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

My prayers are with the families left behind, the first responders, the school, and the community. May they find peace, comfort and healing in the Lord's awesome embrace.

Love and Hugs to you all!