Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Writing Must Go On!


Ever had one of those days?  Well, I'm having one of those weeks! LOL

I missed a great RWA Conference in New York City.  The entire state of Texas is suffering from a severe drought.  And our Internet trouble is the Worst it's ever been!

We need a new desktop computer to replace the dinosaur we've been using.  I've known that for some time now and have managed to work around the minor inconveniences that pop up.  These are bad enough.  But when the Internet won't cooperate and keeps knocking you off every five minutes, things get pretty ugly around here pretty fast.  Grrrr.... I need to know what's going on out there in the world.  The suspense is killing me!

One thing I've learned from this little irritating experience is that I must not let these disturbances distract me.  The writing/editing must continue.  So off I go to one of my secret writing spots (kids are out for summer vacation- can you say major distraction!) with my laptop, I-pod, paper, pens and pencils, notebooks for jotting down quick thoughts, and a nice cold Dr. Pepper.  I'm not hard to please.  Just need a few certain things before I can sit down and have what I consider to be a productive day.

And even though the Internet is giving me fits, I still managed to find two interesting links to share. :)  Take that you nasty Gremlins! LOL


Great video on How to write that dreaded synopsis:

http://whodareswinspublishing.com/Video_Audio_Clips.html

Myth Buster:

http://davidgaughran.wordpress.com/2011/06/18/self-publishing-myth-1-you-will-never-make-any-money/

Whatever you've got planned today, I Hope it's a Terrific Thursday!

11 comments:

Nancy Kay Bowden said...

I feel your pain. Yahoo is definitely cramping my style today. Had things to send out, but I'm not allowed to attach. Attaching isn't an option. "Attach" button isn't even alive.

Clinking your Dr. Pepper can where you are in your secret writing place with my Cherry Dr. Pepper can from my secret writing place and praying for SNOW--and for those blinking yahooligans to go back in their cave.

Melissa said...

Hey, Nancy! Sorry to hear the trouble is spreading. Oh, dear! The attach button needs to be alive! This just won't do! What are they thinking?? LOL Thanks for making me smile today! I really needed it!!

Come on SNOW!! :)

Caledonia Lass said...

Yes, I have had days like that as well. Kick the gremlins and do a rain dance when you are done writing. It'll make you feel better. :D

Melissa said...

Thanks for stopping by, Caledonia! Kicking gremlins while doing a rain dance...hmmm..now that sounds like a fun activity I just must try! LOL

TessStJohn said...

I feel you dear...June was this month for me!!! Hope it clears and gets better for you!!!

Chaz A. Young said...

I like your spirit!

staceyapurcell said...

I'll have a diet Dr. Pepper with you and we can clink our cans to sticking with it no matter how slow we may be by our "distractions"! You've done an amazing job keeping it all together and moving ahead. I love how you've taken control!
Last week I made the decision to put aside y first manuscript and turn to the second. I think this will make a difference in my creativity level!! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Melissa said...

Tess, a month? Yikes! That would take some major work to get through. Hope July is starting off great for you and the rest of the year continues on that path! Hugs!

Melissa said...

Thanks, Chaz! My sweet mom has a saying that I repeat several times a day as chaos sneaks in. "It's all good." These little bumps in the road are making us stronger and molding us into something better.:) Thanks for stopping by!

Melissa said...

Stacey, I'm honored and thrilled to have you in my corner! :) And good for you! I bet you find that creative spark again real quick. And I bet it knocks your socks off! LOL

William Simon said...

But just think how much faster you'll write with a new computer...:)