Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wacky Wednesday Links

Good morning! 

Someone please tell me why summer is flying by.  I know it's hot and we need rain, but I'd still like to make some more summer memories with the kids. LOL I'm not a fan of those early school mornings.

Let's switch subjects.  Maybe if I don't think about it time will stand still for at least a few minutes.  :) 

On to a  few interesting links I found.

Kristen Lamb's Blog - Highly recommend this blog.  There is always great information on just about anything you can think of. 

Today it's Cover Art:
http://warriorwriters.wordpress.com/2011/07/15/creating-cover-art-down-dirty-tips/

I love creating covers.  Maybe a little too much. LOL  I should be writing, right? :)  The best advice I can offer is to study covers from your favorite books.  What's the background look like?  How big is the font?  Where is everything placed? 

The most important thing to remember is to use legal photos.  You can find free ones, but it's tricky and then there is always a slim chance they aren't as free as you thought.  Do your research first!  Before you design the best cover in the world and then find out you can't use it.  It will save your sanity!

Still fighting with Smashwords over formatting?

Smashwords Formatting For the Lazy Part 1


And for inspiration!

Forbes.com top 10 highest paid authors for 2010:

James Patterson,
Stephenie Meyer,
Stephen King,
Danielle Steel,
Ken Follett,
Dean Koontz,
Janet Evanovitch,
John Grisham,
Nicholas Sparks,
and JK Rowling.

Know what they all have in common? They write alot of books! :)

Now I for one like that fact.  Why?  It's obtainable.  All I need to do is sit down and write.